It’s your friendly neighborhood hosting company, bringing you some fresh release notes from under the cover of a comically oversized umbrella. We’ve been polishing up all sorts of rough edges for the last few weeks and have some fixes for a few issues that have been bugging us (and you!) for a while. We also have two new features that we think will bring a smile to your faces!
- HTTP/2 is now available on Flywheel! We’re slowly enabling this for customers that have active SSL certificates, so don’t fret if you check your site today and it still shows HTTP/1.1. There’s no configuration required on your end, either, you’ll just wake up one day and your site will load faster! For more information, check our help doc about HTTP/2.
- We sprinkled some fertilizer on our international data centers and now sites can be created much faster! Rather than 5 to 10 minutes (or longer) for a new site to be created in London or Singapore, you should see sites get created in a much shorter time span – on the order of just a minute or two.
- Some folks were having issues with new sites on bulk plans not showing up in SFTP. We did some serious pruning of the weeds in our SFTP code and made significant improvements to the reliability of SFTP for bulk plans. You should see new bulk plan sites show up in SFTP much quicker now!
- Some customers that were using Staging noticed that their staging environments were occasionally displaying error messages. That’s a sure-fire recipe for a rainy day, so we fixed that up and it seems to be running much better. This fix is rolling out over the next couple weeks, so don’t panic if you get an error still – the solution is coming soon!
- SimpleSSL smells like a bouquet of flowers, but when it doesn’t renew automatically, it can seem like those flowers are a little past their expiration date. Thanks to some hard work by our support and engineering teams, we were able to track down the cause of those renewal problems. We should have those problems licked now – please resume your regularly scheduled flower sniffing.